Before each in-office treatment, we will carefully discuss in depth with you what you can expect during and after treatment. In order to extend our care from our office to your home, we have provided our post-operative Instructions online to help answer any questions and to educate you on proper after-care. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call our office.
Your anesthesia will wear off in approximately 1 to 3 hours after the procedure. It is very important not to chew on the numb side (to prevent biting the tongue and lip) until the anesthesia wears off.
After-care instructions for specific procedures can be found below:
- After-Care Instructions for Fillings [PDF] | [DOC]
- After-Care Instructions for Scaling and Root Planing (Deep Cleaning) [PDF] | [DOC]
- After-Care Instructions for Temporary Crowns/Bridges [PDF] | [DOC]
- Extraction Post-Operative Care Instructions [PDF] | [DOC]
- Root Canal Post-Operative Care Instructions [PDF] | [DOC]
If you're unable to open PDF files, you can get Adobe Reader® for free.